New subject, new twist

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 19:46:41 -0400

Another university unit, another Kohler & Campbell, except this is a new
one, and the only thing Kohler & Campbell about it is the name on the
fallboard.

The questions are:
1. Is this a Samick? If not, it sure missed a good chance.

2. Does Samick return phone calls?

3. One of the stamped metal damper rod hanger BRACKETS is broken in half.
It's a very clean break, complete with a nice 45-degree angle at the shear
point. If #2 question doesn't work out, does this bracket sound like a
candidate for silver soldering? If not, what are my options? What do I use
to align the pieces while joining?

Obviously, a replacement part, or six (since it's going to happen again),
would be faster and superior, but failing that, I need to put this piano
back into service quickly.

Thanks

Jim Harvey, RPT
Greenwood, SC
harvey@greenwood.net
 -- someone who's been in the field too long.