New subject, new twist

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:25:07 -0400

Friends,

I'll be eager to read the responses on this one.  I've run into this problem
twice.  The first time I called the piano manufacturer for a replacement
part.  What they sent didn't match the original, so the dampers at one end of
the action lifted sooner than the other.  Back then, I was too timid to bend
the liftrod hanger, afraid that I might make a bad situation worse by breaking
it, too.

The second time was for a young woman who was a farmer (oh, yes, that's what
she was!).  Farmers are used to fixing almost anything, and she wanted to try
to fix it herself.  It was one time I didn't fuss, since she said she had had
the action out of the piano before.  I was just glad I didn't need to mess
with it, and yes, she did get it fixed somehow; I haven't had the action out
since.

Clyde Hollinger