soundboard press

Ken Jankura kenrpt@mail.cvn.net
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 20:10:34 -0400

At 04:37 PM 10/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I attended a class in PA this Spring on making the Davies soundboard
press. The
>gentleman teaching the class had a lumber supplier order in the southern
yellow
>pine for his press. You may want to contact him as he made a modification to
>his press to better approximate the board curve that he wanted. It involved a
>slit in each of the press lower members.  I have pictures of the press and
the
>modification if you would like to see them.
>
>ANRPiano@AOL.COM wrote:

That would be James Hess at <hesspiano@juno.com>. Another stellar member of
our chapter. Email me privately for the names of the other ones :-) I
emailed him, he is available and willing to answer questions about
modifications to the soundboard press he made, or in his words, it's no use
if others make the same mistakes I did.
Ken Jankura
South Central PA Chapter, PTG