A= 440 Fork - advice please

Terry L Jack tjack@pacinfo.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:17:45 -0700

 Much simpler to tune your fork to the SAT II at body temperature.

> When you take your test, hold your fork under your armpit to keep it
> in tune when you need to use it critically.

I am a student of Randy Potter and have been working on tuning temperments.
I have been having trouble proving my A-49 with a 17th test so have been
using my SAT III.  I want to be good at aural tuning  and do not want to get
to where I can only tune with a machine.

Reading this thread about tuning forks I decided to check mine, making sure
to warm it up under my arm pit first.  The fork I have is a John Walker.
The reading I got on my SAT III after numerous tests is  -3.6 !!  I know I
am a newby and suspect I must be doing something wrong, however this is such
a simple measument I wonder.

Any advice?

Terry Jack
Eugene, Oregon Chapter