damp chaser

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart@juno.com
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:02:21 -0500

Do any of you have experience with Damp Chasers in choral rehearsal rooms
that are terribly small, without particularly good ventilation?   I was
visiting a small local college to attend a Chorale rehearsal, and noted
the Steinway D was in horrible shape, with strings very rusted, and
tuning a mess.

My guess is that radical shifts in humidity on a daily basis may account
for a fair amount of this.   I'd like to hear if experienced folks think
that Damp Chaser might be the solution to the trouble, and if, perhaps,
more than the average number of heating rods might be necessary because
of the very quickly changing conditions.

Thanks for any thoughts
les bartlett
houston