CORRECTION: Was: tuning forks and beat rates

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 21:49:27 -0500

It never occured to use C#3--F3 to "lay the bearings" but I use F4--A4 all the time.
I mean why listen to only two thirds of the first octave you set?  The first thirds
I listen to are A-C#-F-A.  For me if these are not right, where would you go from
there?. Besides I like to listen to the succession of thirds at least from A3 to
F4--A4.

I always wanted to build a "beat generator" in Basic, but never got around to it.
Now I am hoping a spread sheet will come out with @SOUND. That way I could set
@sound1=440 and @sound2=349.228 to see what 13.86 bps sounds like at pitch even.
For a homespun idea of beat rates four per second is sixteenth notes at metronome
60.  I would still like to make a pendulum but forgot how long the string has to be
for one second.  The most "real" beats I have heard are from a Roland Juno 60
Synthesizer.  But not all electronic keyboards are "equal"  Another Roland digital
was terrible! Even some unisons sounded off.