"Wood beasts?"

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 11:44:09 -0400

Hi List,
I have come upon a situation I have never seen before. And I am
wondering if I should be worried about my shop.
I was working on an action,and had taken the keys off to rebush them.
Three key buttons were just hollow shells, and below them was a pile of
what looked like brown and white seeds.
I found one worm and a bunch of rice coloured and sized things with
legs. They actual keys had big hollows in them.
I dug away all the bad pieces, and doused them with raid.
Also vacuumed up the 'seeds', and doused them with raid.
I examined the action, and can find no other signs.
Can those who have experience with these things, tell me what else I
should do?
I was surprised by seeing these things I always thought that is was a
Southern thing.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.