Dummy weights (was Re: Touchweight)

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 14:11:08 -0500 (CDT)

>Ron
>Do you use one rod for the whole keyset ? I found one to be very heavy and
>easily bent if it tipped over.  I have five rods about 12-14" long that I
>arrange and/or rearrange on the key set to get the best "fit." Any key that
>is not adequetely weighted will drop on its own or with the slightest touch.
>It is necessary to shift the rods slightly to check my work. This set up
>allows me to carry the weights, a set of levelling tools, etc. in a plastic
>step stool ( I think its made by Rubbermaid) into a client's home.
>Paul Chick

Hi Paul,
Yes, one rod, full length. When I first put it together, it was with the
thought that I could break it up in sections later if it seemed necessary.
As I used it, I learned to settle it on the keys by rolling it forward and
back, and just got used to it as it was. I have had it fall over a couple of
times and had to straighten the rod, but I probably would have managed to
screw up, or lose, shorter sections too, so it's a break even thing. I like
the idea of getting shorter sections in a box, however, so maybe I'll
reconsider.

 Ron N