Ramblers, trivia (was Re: Brambach)

Thu, 02 Sep 1999 13:52:47 -0500

Keith,

>Hey, let's be careful what you say about those Ramblers, Conrad.  Used to
>run around in a '57...great car...

Did your Mom know what you were doing in that car?? ;-}

Mom still has a Rambler American that
>runs like all get out.  People have tried to buy this car from her
>repeatedly, but she won't budge.  Used to have a '48 Frazier too, what a
>car.  And what does this have to do with pianos?

Wellllll... I used to have a '49 Packard...

Just like your Mom's Rambler, that Brambach could be one of those which is
in fantastic condition and is serving it's function as well now as it ever
did.  The current owner is happy - GREAT!

>Uh, how about Mom still has the first Baldwin grand her and her hubby
>bought in '35.....

The operative phrase is "as well now as it ever did".  Compare the
performance and quality of a '35 Baldwin with a '35 Brambach when they were
new.  Forgive me if I'm being too presumptuous, but I doubt Brambach could
ever have pleased your folks.

Cars vs: pianos comparisons/similies??  Like everything else, a revelation
of experiences and biases of the poster. In the early '60s I remember
having the distinct feeling that at the head of every long, slow line of
traffic winding through the mountains of Pennsylvania and New York was
either an early VW or a Rambler.

Chacun a son gout.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician 	mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College				(319)-387-1204