Brambach

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 12:48:32 EDT

In a message dated 9/03/1999 12:36:16 PM, draine@mediaone.net writes:

<<" BTW what is the correct terminology for the action parts? The "pear
shaped"
knuckles are more rectangular than pear. I've seen at least 3 variants in
20th C pianos. ">>

Good question Patrick :-)
 The knuckles on the Brambach,per se, were not really a problem...many latter
day instruments also used the "box knuckle" (my name for the thingees).
Kawai used this shape knuckle for many years and some of the older Kawais
have a 'very' nice feel indeed...............

<<"The wippen has no repitition window; the jack sets in front
of the repitition. Proper name? ">>

Obsolete?? :-)  I suppose that it still is a "wippen" although of a different
flavor?
Jim Bryant (FL)