Liability advice

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Sat, 04 Sep 1999 22:54:02 -0400

Al,

If the piano was structurally sound it is inconceivable to me that doing
a pitchraise of ANY size will cause the ribs to pull loose from the
soundboard.  Raising the piano to standard pitch and tuning it did not
CAUSE the problem; it just made it obvious.  I know how it looks to the
client, but it would seem unfair to me if the client would expect you to
do this repair without charging for it.

My guess is that the cost of the piano, the tuning and the rib repair
will still be less than a similar used piano in good condition would
have cost in a music store, if that's any consolation to the client.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, Registered Piano Technician
Lititz, PA