Apollo grand

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart@juno.com
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 00:06:11 -0500

	Hello list(s)

	Anyone had experience with an Apollo grand piano.  It had no serial
number, and, when I got under it to look for one, found there are no
braces under it either.  A nice young couple for whom I've tuned this
"thing" twice, got it "free" and then spend a couple thousand to have it
"fixed".  There were only half a dozen pins that wouldn't even hold
pitch...............   These folks are thinking of "someday" having it
rebuilt.  I suspect they don't know it yet, but they don't really want to
spend huge amounts of money on this thing.

	BTW  I superguled the slipping pins, and they seem to hold. My interest
is in the piano as it might have compared to other pianos in "its day".

thanks
les bartlett
houston