Kawai ABS Flanges

Terry Beckingham beckingt@mb.sympatico.ca
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 23:08:22 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I won't see the piano again until Saturday. Your
remarks about Protek are not too encouraging. I also had a reply from Don
Manino and he suggests a water/alcohol solution to shrink the bushings. This
might be a better approach.

I don't know yet whether this piano is in a high humidity environment, but I
suspect that it is. I'll be taking my hydrometer along when I see it again.
The piano is located in a new portable classroom adjacent to a school. The
heat is not yet turned on and the teacher doesn't know what type of heat
will be used. I would suspect it will be electric heat.

This piano is a model CX-5H and has very limited room inside. I am hesitant
to install only a dehumidifier and humidistat. I would prefer an entire
system, but the school may not be able to afford anything.

I'll let you know how I make out.

Terry