APSCO portable piano tilter

BSimon999@AOL.COM BSimon999@AOL.COM
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 23:08:17 EDT

In a message dated 9/8/99 8:36:58 PM, larudee@pacbell.net writes:

<<I tried every conceivable way that I could think of to use those clamps,
without success. >>

The lousy clamps don't work, never did.

I use a 4 foot piece of the flat 3/4" to 1" wide nylon strap material
commonly found in mountaineering stores.  It is fast and has never failed.
Just pass it behind the most central post, then around the closest part of
the frame of the tilter and tie a weak knot. I generally have enough to make
two circuits of the post and frame, and it is that, not the strength of the
knot that will hold everything.

When not tilting, I use the strap to tie the tilter together,  which gives me
a carrying handle.

I  NEVER tilt without tying the piano to the tilter, and have not had one get
away from me in 20+ years.

Bill Simon
Phoenix.