APSCO portable piano tilter

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 09:55:55 -0400

Hi Paul,

I have had one of those thingies for years.  Mine came without the
clamps so I haven't used them.

A small pipe clamp may fit the bill better than the accompanying.
Works for other things as well.

One must be careful when tilting a piano even with clamps.

The piano can slip to the toes unexpectedly when tilting so weight
control is critical here.  I do not like the clamps for this reason.

Making certain the piano and tilter are firmly against each other is
critical.

Make certain the is enough room in the direction of movement to
prevent damage or injury.

The danger point is when the piano's rear casters touch the floor and
starts to tilt toward vertical.  Make certain the tilter follows the
piano until the piano is completely vertical.

You are dealing with 500 to 900 pounds and the inertia that develops.
Safety must be paramount.

Still the best tool for the purpose.

		Newton