Cut-down Upt. pianos

Tom Dickson td_tuner@hotmail.com
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 16:56:35 PDT

Hi, List!

I knew that I had seen something about cutdown pianos, so I looked through
my clutter.  In a copy of an old book someone had given me, I found a
chapter on "restyling older pianos".  That is what it has been called.
Regarding the front legs that Mr. Coleman,Sr., spoke about, here's a quoted
paragraph from the instructions:

    Remove the legs which are fastened to the bottom of the keybed,
  and save them for possible future use.  If you like, modern legs
  are available (from supply houses) which have a caster (small) or
  ball end.  They will reach from key bed to floor, and give a more
  modern appearance to the piano.  The old legs can be made into
  lovely candlesticks, and often beautiful lamps.

Not an advocate, only an archivist!

                                                 Sincerely,
                                                 Tom Dickso