Linden Piano made in Ireland

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 18:31:55 -0400

At 11:17 AM 09/10/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>I did one a few years ago, maybe five, and having experience with such
>some 35 years ago with two of them, I told the customer that if there
>were broken parts they would stay broken, that I would not be
>responsible for any breakage before, during or after tuning and would
>do nothing more than tune it if it was indeed tunable.
>
>It was tunable and playable so I tuned it with a soft blow and
>suggested the customer play it soft as well.
>
>Turned out to be a rather nice sounding piano even if I didn't
>challenge it's dynamic range.
>
>Use any more disclaimers you can think of.
>
>               Newton

I had a Rippen with the fold-down keyboard.

All that plastic and the snap-in flanges did not lure me into working on it.

The action went to Debbie Legg for parts on her customer's piano, the case
is still around in pieces, some of it went to make a music rack for an
antique'd
white Kimball grand earlier this year (can out pretty good, jpg available).
The plate and strung back, as fine a decoration that it was finally ended
up in
the
landfill since no one wanted it.

Deffinately a curiosity.