Computer help! (Not piano related...)

Wallace Wilson wilson53@MARSHALL.EDU
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 20:34:28 -0400

No suggestions from this quarter.  I don't think Norton Utilities (or
similar programs) would help because they typically require an ability
to get into Windows so you can install and run them.  You could
conceivably put all your boot-up info and Windows on another hard drive
attached to your secondary hard drive controller (I presume this is a
desktop system we're discussing), and run something to retrieve whatever
information is still on your main drive from there (I've done a similar
procedure on our computer).  However, it sounds like there's probably
very little data left on your hard drive anyway (IMHO.. on the other
hand, there may be quite a bit still there), and I doubt you have a
second hard drive just laying around.  Once your hard drive is fried, as
far as I know, there ain't much you can do except buy a new one and
start over...  Do you know exactly what's wrong with the drive?

Anyone else have any ideas?

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not smart enough to back my stuff
up at all, so some day I'm gonna have a computer meltdown and be stuck
in a very similar situation.

						Mark Wilson, Associate
						Ravenswood, WV