Computer help! (Not piano related...)

Elian Degen J. degen@telcel.net.ve
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 23:33:26 -0400

Brian,=20

I sent you a private e-mail, maybe you did not receive it so here it is =
again:

Brian

Your hard disk is dead... forget about scandisk. Thank god you can start =
it in dos. If you are using Win 95 or 98 you can retrieve your data =
through DOS provided bad block did not affected your data, that is to be =
seen

Get in DOS  and go to the directories were you have your data, and =
transfer them to disk A: if the directory is more than eight characters =
long you must count the first six then type  ALT126 to insert ~  (keep =
alt pressed while typing the number 126) and number 1 afterwards if =
there are more than one directories which start with the same prefix =
each will be 1, 2, 3 etc  once in that directory give the command "Copy =
<name of file.suffix> a:  That should do=20

If you give me a complete description of everything I can guide you =
better ( directory names, etc ) If you have or can acquire a IOMEGA zip =
drive will make it easier  =20

If you can mail me privately I might help you online.