The Poppycock Tree -- still searching

Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:18:43 -0700

John, Susan, et.al.,

Being the diligent researcher that I am, I'm still searching for the elusive
poppycock tree.

Most recently, my search has taken me to the spectacularly beautiful forests
in the
Val di Fiemme -- the Fiemme Valley located in the Italian Alps.  This entire
valley has been operated as a managed forest since the year 1111.  Proof --
to me, at least -- that forests can be managed both for the good of both the
forest and the people living in them.  We found lots of nice clear fir, but
no poppycock trees.  It is possible that all of the poppycock trees have
already been harvested and are either already installed in pianos, or are
being saved for just those special instruments that require the special
characteristics of this elusive wood.

Seriously, we just got back from Italy yesterday.  In all it was a wonderful
trip.  More later, if anybody is interested.  Right now, I'm still adjusting
to yet another time change and still have to get some work done today.

Regards,

Del

(By the way, Susan.  We didn't notice any change in John after the tree
landed on his head.  The medicinal treatment -- mostly liquid -- was purely
a preventative measure.  We didn't want things to get worse.  ddf)