Mail Undeliverable: Failure Detected

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:59:58 -0500

Could not send message to USER: jennfee
Reason for Mail Failure below:

Message not Delivered.  Recipient's Mailbox Over Quota.

Hi Jon,

Funny you should ask about this.  Today I spent a shop day with our chapter
president, with whom I'm kind of apprenticing.  He mentioned that he uses
PVC-E glue with linen.  First, he glues the ivory to the linen strip, then
glues that to the key.  He uses the titanium oxide with the glue.

You might experiment to see if this technique will work for you.

John Formsma

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Jon Page
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 1999 3:15 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: hide glueing ivory

I'm tacking down the front edges on a keyboard with
hot hide glue w/ show-white (titanium oxide).

I've had mixed results with CA glue and have not
had problems with this method.
It's been a while though.

What is the minimum clamp time?

The first batch has been clamped for 2 hours
and they seem set but I don't want the edges to curl up
by removing the clamps too soon.

A brief peek in the archives did not hold the answer.

Thanks,