Poll - Most and least favorite pianos you serviced

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:53:23 -0400

John,
     My easiest job is in letter D.   The worst ---C,   ("upright grands",
with mirror, brass flanges, 100 cents flat, and six newer strings.)

-----So, it all depends on the piano, age,  condition, quality, risk of string
breakage,  acoustics, customer type/attitude/expectations, the situation,
environment, and what other pianos are that day, location, whether my lunch is
good, and what the money will go for.  Those factors so override any piano
type consideration that I can't state a preference.   I've been tuning about
four/day for years, and I least like days with four grands.  Tuning  four 45"
or smaller is more relaxed, but the best is to do a mix to reduce fatigue as
the working position is varied.  (Usually all the other factors are varied
also which provides a needed  change through the day resulting in a
psychological "breath of fresh air").

-Mike Jorgensen