U1 Buzz

zoran grujic zorang@mgnet.co.yu
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:48:19 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: Newton Hunt <nhunt@jagat.com>
To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 15, 1999 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: U1 Buzz

>Check if one of the casters is off the floor.
> and
> pictures on the wall
> object in sill behind the piano
> other objects in the room (have someone else play while you walk
>around)
> Loose floor board
> coming from the basement
> move the piano to another location
> check all glue joints in case and board
> remove and shake out the action
> check the bottom board spring retainer
> run around in circles
> pull out your hair (if any left)
> shoot the piano
>
> Newton

     Hi Newton,

    I was enjoying and laughing this message.Last week I had an upright
"petrof" with buzzing one,middle E string.After tapping string,replacing
string,inserting shim beetwen plate and string at agraffe,I did your
techniques (runing and pulling).Any sugestions before
appliance last technique (shooting).I had in mind appliance some removable
glue at contact points of string.
        Regards,

                                  Zoran Grujic
                            zorang@mgnet.co.yu