Balance rail pins, key buttons

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:49:07 -0100

Hi,

I recall an inquiry here a few months ago about the balance rail pins
which are thin (~0.090) and oblong at the top (round shanks measuring
~0.147). Does anyone have about 60 of these in ok condition to spare?

As for cutting the button mortises (since supply house replacements
won't work), in the past I've cleaned up by hand with two sized chisels
after drilling two holes . Their consistency was alright, but I'd love
to do the job faster. Hollow mortise chisel drill press attachment? The
smallest chisels I've seen advertised were 1/4" at the smallest (maybe
3/8"), though a certain amount of grinding probably wouldn't harm. Sized
corner chisel? Same problem with size, but bigger.

Any tips or leads or spares would be greatly appreciated.

Clark