Pricing, and organic shelves

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 17:33:57 -0500 (CDT)

>A nicely restored  AA of the proper vintage will go for between $20 and
>$30K.  60714 is not the proper vintage. Un-restored, depending on its
>condition and your luck, you might be able to buy one for as little as $2K
>(I have).  Is that rough enough for you?
>
>As far as the CC, it's a white elephant.  Too big and too recent to be of
>much interest to most people; however someone may come along who has the
>room and the desire for such a beast.  I would hazard a guess that fair
>price is somewhere between $6 and $12K.  There was one for sale here about
>four years ago, and the owner was begging people to take it for $7K.
>
>Check PianoMart to see if you can find some comparables.  I would knock
>about 20% off of any asking prices there to determine a realistic selling
>price.
>
>Frank Weston

Thanks for the reply Frank. One of my colleges wanted some idea how much
these donated pianos are worth as is. You're ranges are just about as
precise and optimistic as mine, I see. Sadly, there's little hope either of
them will be rebuilt, though I'd love to do them both. There was money last
year for a complete new heating/cooling system (with no humidification
control, so it didn't solve a single problem), but there's never any money
for piano maintenance other than tuning. So much for higher (hire?) education.

I appreciate the response.
 Ron N