Warbling piano wire

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 22:16:26 -0700

"Now that you mentioned it, I do vaguely remember that fans can cause
interference patterns in the sound, etc., but I certainly did not think of itat
the time. This effect was a first for
me!"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an experiment take a recorder and play a steady long note
under the ceiling fan with it off. Have someone turn it on while
you sustain the note and  listen to the wave pulse accelerate.
Quite dramatic, the steady pure recorder tone is prefect
for this. I've shown up with a recorder at client I know has
a ceiling fan but didn't believe me when I asked for it to be
turned off the previous year.
Ever try singing into a table fan.

                                        Cheers
                                        Dave Renaud