APSCO

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 10:09:35 -0400

Hello Rogerio,

We here in New Jersey have experienced severe weather caused by
Floyd.  The northern part of Jersey was hit worse than central or
southern Jersey.  Hundreds of people were evacuated from their homes
by boats and helicopters, phone service is out, power is out and water
has to be boiled before drinking because of Floyd.  Clifton is in the
northern part.  I just tried calling APSCO and Charley Heuther in
CLifton and got busy circuit signals.

My land line has not been effected but I cannot receive cell phone
calls but I can use it for outgoing messages.

We have survived unscathed but I did have three leaks caused by the
wind and rain, both of which were excessive.  No real damage.

Jean and Portia were to fly to Detroit yesterday (Friday) but their
6:30 flight was canceled and since there were hundreds of people
already listed on standby they returned home.  They were going to
visit friends and were to return on Monday.

Transportation services and communications are still effected but
should be cleared up by Tuesday at the latest.

Since almost all of my piano stuff is packed away I cannot look up
APSCOs fax number.  Sorry.

		Newton