TuneLab

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 15:33:32 -0500

----------
> From: Greg Newell <gnewell@EN.COM>
> To: rockymtn@sprynet.com; pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: TuneLab
> Date: Friday, September 17, 1999 12:45 PM
>
> Glenn,
>
>     Your situation is perfect for TuneLab. I know I sound like I sell it
> or something but......, Try it you have absolutely nothing to loose!  Good info on
screen, runs on very
> little memory, auto note step or find. I can't even list all the
> details. Ya gotta at least try it.
>             Greg
>
> P.S. how's that? did I try hard enough?

The display is super.  You  can read it all the way across the room. Which is good
when using it in the shop on a stationary desktop

It seems very sensitive.  I can get the "blocks" to move by "breathing" on the
string. This I would like to compare to the OETD's.

Re this sensitivity.  Is it consistant?  I didn't realize my Roland Juno-60 drifted
so much within 1/10 cent. (10/100) It is analog.

It measures a quartz "pocket" tuner consistantly with in .01 cent. Shows a
deflection at .02 cents. The variations of the tuner are to .46 and shows it 3.22
cents flat.  Hmm time to check my sampling rate. At least both are consistant, since
the readings are always the same.

---ric