How Soon to Tune?

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 22:22:20 -0400

The question that comes to my mind is, "What's the hurry?"

If the piano was prepped and ready before delivery, it may be acceptable to
most customers to go several weeks, perhaps even longer before the first
tuning.

I realize that it may be a pretty big 'IF' in some places... I have a
feeling that there are more than just a few pianos that leave showroom
floors in dire need of tuning... perhaps I'll leave you to fill in your own
details...

I don't see trying to tune it earlier (as in just a few days) as any
particular advantage over later (as in several weeks).  If it's really that
bad that it _must_ be tuned in just a few days, is it possible that it
wasn't really prepped and ready?  Or if the environment is that radically
different, it may need tuned several times anyway.?

There are so many possible variations here that a succinct one sentence
answer just won't cover all possible permutations.  (How's that for an
answer!)

$0.02

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA