How Soon to Tune?

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:11:37 -0400

Hi Jeannie.

The dealership I work with recommends a 2-week wait unless there has been no prep
work done to the piano. This does happen occasionally with this dealership. When
this happens, they make sure I have the customer's name and address right away so
I can get them scheduled faster. Usually, it is within 2-weeks..sometimes it's
not..it depends on my own scheduling.

If we're talking about a new piano, then someone has spent a good deal of money
for this instrument. 2 weeks, to the novice, seems like an eternity when there's
something that's coming your way for 'free'. To the more experienced player, in
my experiences, 2 weeks is hardly enough time. The chances are they bought a
better quality piano than the novice or beginner and the chances are much greater
that I have had a chance to do prep work on that piano.

Honestly, most of the time, I'm not getting to these people much before 4 weeks
after delivery because of my own scheduling.

Interesting subject..

Rook