Wurlitzer/Samick case repair

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:39:00 -0500

List:A new client, a hotel, has a Wurlitzer G452 (5' 2") grand (10-15 years
old, serial # not apparent), which is fitted with a Music Systems Research
"piano CD" serial # C09979001.

My immediate problem with this piano is that the lid hinges have been
ripped from the case.
In a fit of optimism I thought that we merely had a case of stripped screws
but all the "wood" directly under the hinges attached to the case is ripped
out. Of course this "wood" is a combination of lousy veneer, MDF (sp?), and
polyester filler.
I am soliciting advice on how best to make a satisfactory repair. I confess
that I am *not* a refined woodworker.

Patrcik