big honkin' #24 wood screws

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:59:51 -0700

bases-loaded@juno.com wrote:

> My question is this:  aside from the age old method of scavenging from
> other pianos and packratting (guilty on both counts), is anyone aware of
> a supplier that does not require a minimum order of 100 of each size?
> Let's face it, lags are ugly!  My local supplier finally quit carrying
> the big hosses as of this year, and my supply is very low.  Any leads?
>
> Mark Potter
> bases-loaded@juno.com

Mark,

Trust me.  The only place in the country you can get that kind of screw
is APSCO.  It's what launched Schadler & Sons, and I've had fastener
distributors all over the country tell me, "The only place I know with
wood screws that big is some piano supply company in New Jersey."

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA