Best guess?

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 15:28:16 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/1999 1:36:00 PM, harvey@greenwood.net writes:

<< PS: the backcheck heads are swiveling on the wires, and CA isn't
working...?
PPS: the capstans are too loose, and CA -is- working, but not very neatly.>>

Mr. Harveywood;
 With both of these thingees being loose I would suspect some overly dry
conditions or some overly damp conditions in the past.  In any event  why
doncha try putting a touch of CA on the backcheck heads letting it soak in a
little and then wetting the end/bottom of the backcheck with your favorite
wetting solution, i.e., water/alcohol...water/Kline Universal Comparative
Elixir :-) , etc.
 This should work for both capstan and backcheck dealies...............if it
doesn't I didn't suggest it...if it does just send the royalty payments to
Samples Used Car lot :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)