agraffes on bridge?

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:42:28 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/1999 6:07:02 PM, musicmasters@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< "I've never measured the downbearing on an old Sohmer grand to
confirm that it was providing downbearing. ">>

Bran H.;
 You can't measure "downbearing" on the portion of Sohmer bridges because
there is none :-)   Sohmer agraffes give an 'upbearing' at the bridge.

<<"Even if does,  wouldn't agraffs on the bridge risk buzzing during the
winter if the crown was particularly flat?">>
See above :-)  I don't think I have ever had problems with a Sohmer bridge
agraffe "buzzing" the main problem with the thingees is that so equipped
pianners have a 'nasal' kinda muted metallic sound...not unpleasant but not
'rich' either.
Jim Bryant (FL)