Blisters and Gray Market Pianos

Carol R. Beigel carolb@earthlink.net
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:03:39 -0400

Thanks for your replies,guys.  I think Jim Harvey is correct, in that the
veneer on this U3 is Rosewood.  Whatever the water-clear finish is, it is
slimy and soft over the blisters.  So what is this finish, and where do you
get it?  Is it really worth doing the repair?

As for my Gray Market pianos query, my thanks to John Cordogan and his
website:   http://www.chicagopianos.com/bootlegs.htm
That was exactly the information I was looking for.  I highly recommend for
anyone else looking for this information to check that web page.

Thanks again.

Carol Beigel
Greenbelt, Maryland