agraffes on bridge?

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 00:51:14 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/99 9:48:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
caccola@net1plus.com writes:

<< Stacy,

 This is original, and it's a better scheme than what Sohmer used in their
 bridges with agraffes.

 H&D's have agraffes with the holes at an angle, and they are installed
 alternating the orientation for each neighboring unison. As a result, the net
 twisting forces exerted onto the bridge and soundboard are cancelled out.

 Sohmers, on the other hand, like to pull their bridges right off.

 Clark

I have an H & D upright in my shop that I would love to fix up sometime-if I
could ever afford myself and find the time.  It has aggraffes on the bridges.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR