Kawai Satin Finish

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:48:03 -0700

Brian:
    I had a similar experience with a Kawai of the same era, but this
was a high gloss model.  I was supposed to polish it, but every time I
used my polish (Meguiar's), I couldn't get rid of the cloudy streaks
that appeared.  I finally used car wax, but it took hours of tedious
rubbing, and never looked that great.  I began to realize that the
finish had deteriorated, and that it wasn't my fault.  The piano simply
needed to be refinished.  I think your customer's piano is in a similar
condition, and it's not your fault.
    Paul McCloud,
    inSaneDiego