Blank messages

Rozan Brown rsbrown1@FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:08:30 -0500

> Someone recently wrote:
> >I usually end up receiving about 3 out of every 4 of your posts.  One of
> >your posts today was blank.

Patrick Draine added:
> I, too, have noticed this occurring, with increasing frequency since
> August. While folks may occasionally hit the "send" button before they
type
> any content, I'm guessing it may be a bug in some server software. The
same
> problem has happened on other lists I'm subscribed to; some folks receive
> the full message and others don't. Any news on this Andy?

I started getting this problem more frequently a couple of months ago also.
I haven't done much research into this, but I've been using a Mac and Eudora
Pro, and I found that if I click on Blah, Blah, Blah, I get an expanded
message that does show the body of text (along with complete header info and
all sorts of gibberish).  I think it might have something to do with
formatting of the original message and incompatibility with Mac.  I'm sure
someone will have a more technically complete explanation.

I just got a new computer and am  trying Outlook Express, so I don't think
I'll be having this problem anymore!

Rozan Brown
Assistant Piano Technician
University of Wisconsin-Madison