New piano technicians forum ready for use!

Brian Henselman musicmasters@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:16:58 -0500

Pianotechs:

I've really enjoyed this mailing list this last week.  There is a ton of
great information here!  However the mass-mailing format can be
overwhelming... sometimes over 50 pieces of piano tech mail in 1 day!  And
the topics are also often scattered.  (I'm afraid my e-mail account might
"explode" with backed up mail from pianotech if and when I ever go on
vacation, ha ha).

Did anyone count the number or ceiling fan responses to the "warbling"
strings problem?  While it was a great answer, we will still probably get
another "ceiling-fan" response or two from technicians eager to respond with
the right answer, while not realizing that it was already solved 8 times
already.

I know of a more efficient format that might help us out a bit.  Try this
forum link:  http://network54.com/forum/32693   I just set it up for us.
It's a freebie piano-technicians' forum site.  We can post questions,
discussions, and answers there.

The beauty of this "thread" format is that it helps keep topics organized
better.  Questions can be posted, answered, and debated in a more organized
fashion.  Try it out.  It's a brand-spank'in-new baby.  I'm looking forward
to seeing who posts up first!

See ya there!
Brian Henselman