Pianos Under Water

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:40:27 -0400

706 629-3063
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Lewis Spivey
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 1999 9:07 PM
To: Pianoteck
Subject: Pianos Under Water

Hi List,

Greetings from down under, not the equator but from Floyd's flood waters in
Eastern North Carolina, USA.  While I am high and dry, hundreds if not
thousands of pianos in my area have been swimming without scuba gear. Many
have been completely submerged for days and while others have only gotten
their legs or bottoms wet.  In my 25 plus years of piano service nothing
like this has ever been a problem.  Do any of you have experience with
flooded pianos. Are pianos that have under water rebuildable.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Lewis Spivey, RPT
Eastern North Carolina, USA