Electronics

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 06:02:18 -0700 (MST)

Hi Jason:

The Yamaha PT-100 is very good if you are working for a Yamaha dealer and
mainly tune Yamaha pianos.

The RCT is a good program but requires a computer (rather expensive).

The Korg AT-120 is not as efficient nor professional for piano tuning.

The Conn is not available and never did have a good tuning procedure for
pianos. You had to keep guessing about the best way to tune.

The Peterson with which I am familiar did not have a good tuning program
for piano tuning, just a general tuning curve.

The TuneLab is similar to the RCT with some advantages and perhaps some
disadvantages. It have unlimited adjustable tuning curves, but again
requires a Windows computer. The program price is very attractive.

The Sanderson AccuTuner is expensive but is real professional, lite weight
and dependable and over the long haul is probably the cheapest to use,
and is easiest to use and tune the piano the way you like to tune. It does
not require a computer.

Just my personal opinion, having used most all of them.

Jim Coleman, Sr.