evaluating sdbd. crown & bridge downbearings in a new piano

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:10:39 -0500 (CDT)

>> If you are talking about alternate realities, and soundboard assemblies that
>> are built with no intention of producing a working soundboard, I wish you
>> would say that up front and save everyone some time. I, at least, was
>> attempting to seriously discuss practical concerns and real world phenomena.
>
>This is the second time you have bordered (if not crossed) into the arena of
>personal slurs since I have been participating in this list. They do you no
>credit, are uneccessary, and annoying.
>Richard Brekne

* This was not, and is not, a personal slur. It was intended just as I wrote
it, as a request to define the parameters if he was arguing a point that
didn't come up in real life, before we were 10,000 words into the
discussion. I thought his point was so far outside the direction of the
discussion that I felt abused for having stuck with him this far. There is
so much mythology and misunderstanding about soundboard construction and
function that we really ought to get a few of the fundamentals down before
we go off into unnecessarily esoteric concepts. His posts up to this point
indicated to me, at least, that he had some misunderstandings concerning
these fundamentals. It seems only right and proper, again, to me, that if he
were interested in learning these fundamentals, he would have stuck with us
and his posts would have indicated that he did understand the material. This
kind of thing chops the content of the posts up so badly, that anyone
honestly trying to follow the concepts is left with a hopeless mish mash of
conflicting fragments that don't connect in any rational manner. I think
this is a disservice to those who logged on to learn something. Also, since
you feel that my conduct is already over the line, and chose to call me on
it, it couldn't hurt to ask something of you in return. If you tried to
reserve your commentary more to your own thoughts, instead of arguing second
hand on the basis of the words and presumed intents of someone else, the
people who respond to you would have a better idea of who they're talking
to. No offense, there is just an awful lot of scatter-shot randomness that
makes it incredibly difficult to backtrack, unravel, and address everything
at once. This just my opinion, however, and doesn't have any bearing in the
real world either.

Thank you for listening.

 Ron N