Best Vacuum Cleaner for Pianos

Wallace Wilson wilson53@MARSHALL.EDU
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 08:00:37 -0400

Re the Oreck:

The little portable they show lifting the bowling ball is a trick of
physics.  It's a matter of mating the two surfaces and providing a
little vacuum (suction).  It's mostly in the perfect mating of the
surfaces.

Re the oreck upright (vacuum, not piano!)  -  we had one for 18 mos and
it gave up the ghost.  Oreck would do nothing.  Fortunately, we'd bought
it from Vermont Country Store, and they contacted Oreck.  Vt Ctry Store
paid to have it rebuilt.  3 months after the return, it quit again.
Consulting with several people in the business, they all say they wish
Oreck put a fraction of their advertising budget into the product
itself.  I can attest to an unprotected motor that allowed pet hair to
get inside.  That's the demise.  I hope you have better luck than I.  I
now use a hoover something for cleaning out pianos.  When it croaks,
I'll probably go with the Eureka.

---Wally Wilson, RPT