Best guess?

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 11:48:49 -0500

Susan,

    Speaking of CA. Yesterday was bench repair day, it seems, at the Univ.
About 6, total.
One had a very large, messed up hole that I'd tried to fill once before
with some kind of
wood filler but it didn't last and a lot of it came out when the screws got
stripped out again.
    I happen to have some thick CA, so I thought, why not? I almost
completely filled
the hole, put the corner piece back on, lubed the screw and put the screw
in, then let it
sit most of the day. It never completely tightened up, so I took out the
screw, added a
little more CA and put a little Elmer's white glue on the bottom half of
the screw threads
and reinstalled it.
    Within 15 minutes, I could completely tighten down the screw just as
though it were
new wood. Now, we'll see how long "this" repair lasts. :-)
    Just thought I'd let you know of another victory using your Elmers
trick. Thanks.

Avery