Best guess?

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 16:00:07 -0700

At 11:48 AM 09/25/1999 -0500, Avery wrote:
>Susan,
>
>    Speaking of CA. <snip> It never completely tightened up, so I took out
the
>screw, added a
>little more CA and put a little Elmer's white glue on the bottom half of
>the screw threads
>and reinstalled it.
>    Within 15 minutes, I could completely tighten down the screw just as
>though it were
>new wood. Now, we'll see how long "this" repair lasts. :-)
>    Just thought I'd let you know of another victory using your Elmers
>trick. Thanks.
>
>Avery

<GRIN>

Thanks, Avery.

And do tell me how it holds up. I would find it very interesting if
someone who knew how to test glue joints in laboratory conditions found
out the strength and durability of the CA + Elmer's bonds, compared to
straight CA or straight Elmer's. So far I've not had to redo anything
I've glued this way, though.

Susan