Shoulders

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 18:26:53 -0600

Hi Rogerio,
                 I take that you only have copy of the artical, as photo#2
shows. 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock, or about 1/4" to 3/8" behind the strike
point and in front of the strike point.
Cotton will do just fine, the caution is that  some synthetics will melt
into the hammer, don't ask how I know. grin.
If you supply a mailing address I will send the completed artical with photos.
Regards Roger

At 05:54 PM 25/09/99 -0300, you wrote:

>Roger Jolly
>I suppose that I need some help in order to understand correctly the way I
>must travel in order to do a good job.
>On May 1999 Journal, page 27 you say "...hit the high shoulders....."
>I think that you are saying to apply steam on both sides of the hammer at
>each shoulder near the strike point. I am correct?
>Another important point to me is: the center of the hammer at the strike
>point is 12.00 o'clock. There are 10 and 11 o'clock on each side of the
>hammer or one side is 10 and 11 o'clock and the other side is 13 and 14
>o'clock?
>Finally I would like to know if must be linen or may be with cotton cloth
>Thanks very much
>
>   Rogerio Cunha - Rio de Janeiro
>	IC Member of the Guild
>rogeriocunha@openlink.com.br