Young Chang Pramberger PG-185 Soft Tuning Pins

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 22:29:48 -0600

Hi Brian,
             Let's be carefull, with advising a #2 pin, YC is metric, a #2
pin is about .010" over size to their standard pins.
 When I restring asian pianos, I use #2"s, they are about the same size as
Yamaha's oversize pins and 1/2 the price. Maybe it's because Yamaha packs
their pins in little bags of 5 pins?
 Fitting a #2 into a tight hole with out reaming may be part of the
problem, and not a solution.
Bin thar, done that, bought the T shirt.
Regards Roger.

At 12:03 AM 27/09/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Finding another #2 tuning pin should not be too difficult.  That's where a
>lot of rebuilders start when they put in new pinblocks.  And there's always
>a couple left over.  :-)
>
>A thought just came to mind.  If the tuning pin hole was not drilled deep
>enough, and the pin was bottoming out in the hole, would it give this kind
>of symptom?
>
>Let us know how things work out. :-)
>
>Brian Trout
>Quarryville, PA