Build your own 'spyder' demo model

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 14:05:33 -0700

At 03:43 PM 09/27/1999 -0400, Jim Harvey wrote:
>Ric wanted one of the variable crown models for experiments.
>
>The original fork on a board demo was to illustrate the effect of the
>"spyder" (tension resonator) on Mason & Hamlin's. <snip>

>Now let's build it.
>
>Overall dimensions: 5-5/8"W x 12-3/8"L x 3-3/8"H (minus tuning fork)

Well, Shucks, as Ric said!

How about a REAL one? That is, have any of you super-capable people
tried taking a tired grand and building on a "real" spyder, to see
what happened?

Okay, okay, I'll go away and tune a spinet!

Susan

P.S. Reminds me of Koko, the gorilla who was learning sign language.
She asked for a kitten (by sign language) and they gave her a stuffed
toy. She pouted and moped, so they gave her a real kitten ... she was
very tender with it. Nice poster, should have bought it when I saw it.