Manufacturing costs

FIXPIANOS@AOL.COM FIXPIANOS@AOL.COM
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:41:15 EDT

Does anyone have any information regarding he breakdown of costs associated
with piano manufacturing? Specifically, I'm interested in knowing what
percentage individual components contribute to the overall cost to make a
piano. For instance: a set of hammers = x% of the total, the case = y%, the
soundboard = z%. Please feel free to be as specific or as general as you are
able. I'd love a breakdown of each individual part but am just as happy to
know about the whole action or the entire case.

Several manufacturers who I wrote to called this information "privileged" or
"confidential" and therefore wouldn't help me.

Thanks.

Donn Young, RPT
Pianos@Bigfoot.com