Bare Bridge

ginacarter ginacarter@email.msn.com
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:26:26 -0400

All,

Today I tuned an August Forster, 6 month old grand, model 170 (5"7"). Nice
piano, nice tone, nothing unusual except..tada..a bare bridge, no graphite,
no kind of lubrication that I could see. Beautiful piece of wood, startling
in contrast to what I usually see on bridges. This piano tuned up very
nicely and easily. My question is do any of you know if there is a
lubricant, obviously invisible,  on the bridge. And if there isn't, then why
do most other manufacturers put something there?

Gina

Gina Carter
Charlotte NC